1. We are committed to being a God-centered church. Freedom exists for God. In every person and ministry, God is first and our ultimate goal is to please and glorify God. We desire for people to experience and encounter God in our church, by means of our corporate worship services and through the godly personal lives of our members. If God is not glorified through our church, we have failed, no matter how much outward success we may enjoy.
2. We are committed to exalting Jesus Christ. In every ministry, we will endeavor to exalt Jesus Christ and His marvelous work of redemption through His death on the cross and His glorious resurrection. We desire for others to see Jesus in us, while at church and in our daily lives. Our church will not be people or program driven, but driven by an all-consuming passion to exalt our Lord, Jesus Christ.
. We are committed to being a Bible-based church. Freedom is all about the Bible. Every ministry and program of our church must be rooted in God’s Word. The Bible is inerrant, infallible and God-breathed and therefore must be the final authority for everything our church believes and does. We believe that the preaching and teaching of God’s Word is the catalyst for change in people’s lives and therefore holds the highest priority. Also, our members should be striving to live out God’s Word daily. Learning and living the Bible should be natural and normal to our church when we are committed to the Bible.
4. We are committed to making prayer a central focus of our church. In the church where God’s people have a lively prayer life together, regenerating power is present, life is there and the lost are converted. Where prayer is not the central focus, there may be an outward shell of growth and productivity, but within it is empty, dry and dead.
5. We are committed to evangelizing the lost. We are not a church that simply exists for ourselves. We exist for others. We look beyond the walls of our church to serve and minister to non-Christians, demonstrating to them the love of Christ. While our mission and our message never changes, we will constantly reevaluate and change our methods, in order to reach more people with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ. We do not believe it is the lost’s responsibility to seek the church, but our responsibility to seek the lost.
6. We are committed to equipping and growing believers in their faith. Believers should be learning, growing, and changing as Christ lives His life through them. We believe that every Christian should be growing in the grace and knowledge of Christ. Our church assists Christians in this process by offering Bible preaching and teaching, Bible studies, small groups known as L.I.F.E. Groups, Bible Growth Groups (discipleship), a counseling ministry, mentoring, retreats, conferences, seminars, and a Christian school (ages infant to after school). We are constantly exploring new methods to better equip believers in their spiritual walk with Christ.
7. We are committed to world-wide missions outreach. The heavenly kingdom of Jesus Christ is far greater than any local church. It includes loyal followers of Jesus all over the world. Our passion is not to see how big our local church can become, but rather how much we can grow the body of Christ in this world. Therefore we willingly give away to other churches many of the blessings God has given to us. This is done by providing prayer and financial support to other co-laborers in the world, starting new churches, encouraging hurting churches, sharing what we have learned, learning from others, sending missionaries and much more. We rejoice when others leave our church in order to go and serve Christ in other churches. We rejoice when churches and Christians outside of Freedom Baptist Church see spiritual fruit. We are thrilled when God allows us to have a small part in the great good He is doing in and through them.